Instructions for using the Remote Support feature
1. From this Remote Support page, please click on the “Click Here for remote Support” button that you see above.
*The following instructions vary between different web browsers. Please choose one of following the instructions, based on the web browser you are using.
2. When you click the “Click here for Remote Support” button, Internet Explorer™ will display the following dialogue boxes:
2a. The first dialogue box will ask you if you would like to save the file, please select the “Save” option.
2b. After the “Save” option has been selected, the second dialogue box will ask you to choose the destination where the downloaded file will be saved. Please select the Desktop as the destination from the left hand corner and select the “Save” option.
2c. Once you Select “save” on the previous screen, the Global Point Remote Support download dialogue box will appear. When Complete, the Dialogue box will read “Download Complete” at the top (see Example A below). You will want to choose the “Run” option to begin the installation of the application.
2d. After you select “run” a second Dialogue box will appear (see Example B below). You will select the “run” option, again.
2. When you click the “Click here for Remote Support” button, Firefox™ will display the following dialogue boxes:
2a. The first dialogue box will ask you if you would like to save the file, please select the “Save File“ option.
2b. After the “Save File” option has been selected, the second dialogue box will display the progress of your download.
2c. When the download is complete, you will double click on the downloaded file as it appears below to start the installation process.
2d. The following dialog box will appear. You will want to choose the “Run” option to begin the installation of the application.
*From this point on the steps are the same for both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
**Step 3 is for Windows Vista, 7, and 2008 users only. Users with other operating systems should skip step 3.
3. Once you select “run” the installation will pause briefly and the following dialogue box will appear (your screen may darken, this is normal)
Once you see the below dialogue box, Please select “YES”
*If the dialogue box does not appear automatically after a few seconds check your windows task bar for the below icon, if you see this icon, click on it to see the dialog box:
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the Global Point Remote Support Application. The Global Point Quick Support Application should now be open and will display a green check box and the TEXT: “Ready to connect”
4. To receive instant remote support, simply provide your Global Point Support Representative with the ID provided in the “ID” section of the Global Point Remote Support Application (as shown below).