We can’t over emphasize the importance of the security and stability of your business critical systems, and we think you’d agree. Your network is as an integral part of these systems as anything else, and just like any other critical service, the failure of your network can bring productivity to a halt in a hurry.
There are many things that can cause an outage or downtime in your network. Things like proper network infrastructure design, implementation, and administration play key roles in your maintaining network uptime. By monitoring your network for intrusion attempts, security risks, and other potential bandwidth issues, Global Point can minimize the chances of a network issue arising.
But another cause of productivity loss that goes overlooked is the productivity lost by employee misuse of network resources. Things like:
- 44 % of corporate employees actively use streaming media. (Nielsen NetRatings)
- 77 % of weekly online listening to Internet Radio takes place between 5 a.m. and 5 p.m. Pacific time. (Arbitron)
- Nearly 80 % of instant messaging in companies is done over public IM services such as AOL, MSN, and Yahoo, exposing companies to security risks. (Radicati)
- There are more than 43 million users of consumer IM at work. (IDC)
- Only one quarter of companies have a clearly defined policy on the use of IM at work. (Silicon.com)
Global Point offers the latest in network monitoring services to help insure that your network resources remain assessable and that network security and productivity are operating at 100%.